About Maritime Transport
Maritime is a UK based market leading multi-modal logistics company. We offer the complete solution for your supply chain requirements including container transport, warehousing, container storage, freight management, curtain sided distribution and rail services.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Maritime, we are a strong business with a secure future who recognize and reward hard work in a very modern office environment.
Maritime operates a range of IT equipment from PC’s, Printers, laptops to mobile devices through to software such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and custom bespoke applications known as TOPS, Cyman and VIPER, all of which are supported by the IT team together with various 3rd parties. We also support and maintain around 40 UK office’s hardware and network setups.
We administer around 530 users from our X2 tier 3 Datacentres which runs around 60 Windows Servers and 7 SQL Servers with staff working from remote desktops. We cover circa 1300 tickets a month as an IT Support Team.
You will be asked to work as part of an IT Support Team with a tiering system, you will be working as Tier 2. You will provide IT service and support to Maritime staff located in the UK via telephone, email and face to face. You will be provided with Internal and External training to bring you up to speed with the Maritime IT infrastructure.
Maritime is fast paced and can be a very busy business which will create challenges at times that have to be solved. The role is best suited to someone quick thinking, organised and good at problem solving.
Network & Systems Support Engineer who will be the escalation point for in-depth issues as well as leading projects.
You will be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the networks, servers and the services they provide.
· Network / IT infrastructure ongoing design, improvement and deployment at remote sites
· Review and improve Datacentre network setup & security alongside MSP
· Maintaining & Troubleshooting IT infrastructure
· Ensure security through the system and network
· Upgrade systems with new releases
· Technical lead for future projects
· Liaise with our MSP, Bt and 3rd parties
· Site visits for general maintenance and network upkeep
· Assist in tier 2+ IT ServiceDesk issues
· Manage own workload through the IT support system (Manage Engine)
· Join the support shift pattern and critical issues on call rota
· Travel to sites when required
Essential Skills / Knowledge
· Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role 3+ years
· Excellent Windows server understanding (2012 – 2016)
· Office 365, Active Directory
· Experience with networks - LAN, WAN , voice vlans and dhcp options etc
· Resourcefulness and a problem-solving aptitude
· Full Driving License and means of transport
Furthers skills that would be of interest
· 365 Cloud Security and ATP security Tools
· VOIP and SIP setups
· MS Teams platforms and direct routing
· Some awareness of SD Wan technologies & Meraki Networks
· Experience working with Virtualisation technologies (VMWare and Hyper-V)
· SQL databases
· Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
· Able to reason and make fast decisions.
· Customer and service focused.
· Willingness to learn and improve your skills.
· Organised and self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, work to deadlines and use own initiative.
· Confidence within your own ability and willing to ask questions when you are unsure of what is required.