As one of the country’s largest transport companies, we recognise our responsibility to look at ways to reduce our carbon footprint. As a result we are constantly aiming to reduce emissions in all our operations:
- 100% of our fleet is Euro 6-compliant
- Our rail movements remove hundreds of thousands of road moves each year
- Aerodynamic trucks and trailers purchased
- Efficient planning – eliminating unnecessary vehicle movements
- Driver training for fuel efficiency
“Thrombosis UK is very grateful for the efforts made by Maritime Transport, who organised and participated in a Golf Day which raised an amazing £1,372 for our charity. Donations such as these allow us to continue with our vital work raising awareness of the dangers of thrombosis; funding research into causes and treatments; and providing much-needed support to thrombosis patients and people who have sadly lost loved ones to this disease. We thank Maritime Transport for their generosity and look forward to working with them again in 2016”.
Annya Stephens-Boal, Executive Officer