Maritime wants the UK to reach its climate targets, and aspires to lead the way in decarbonisation, protecting the environment
for future generations.
Rail freight is the key to achieving this, which is why Maritime has invested significantly in its intermodal offering,
and now operates a number of open-access, multi-user UK rail terminals, including Wakefield Europort, Trafford Park Euroterminal,
London Container Terminal at the Port of Tilbury, Mossend Euroterminal, Northampton Gateway, Birmingham Intermodal Freight
Terminal, and East Midlands Gateway, with further terminals in development.
- Daily services from/to the UK's largest ports and across the main logistics routes
- Dedicated intermodal support teams on-hand 24 hours a day
- Contract space available to secure capacity
- Flexible operating models to cope with peaks and troughs in volumes
- Resource to commence new services nationally according to customer requirements
- Large vehicle fleets at all terminals for end deliveries and collections
- Capability to accommodate the UK's longest and heaviest freight trains
- Biggest reach stacker fleet in the UK comprising 40+ state-of-the-art, eco-friendly reach stackers, as well as gantry cranes and straddle carriers ensuring industry-leading turnaround times
- A terminal network that facilitates cargo movements for other intermodal operators and end users in addition to Maritime-owned services
- Significant potential CO2 savings with Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil fuel utilised on both rail and road, capable of reducing emissions by up to 90%
Maritime provides road-based container transport services to global shipping lines, freight forwarders, and cargo owners up and down the country.
- Largest container road fleet in the UK
- Extensive range of trailers including gensets, goosenecks, sliding and fixed skeletals, and tippers. Some variants are specified with tail lifts, offering additional flexibility
- Transport depots based at all of the UK’s major and regional ports, rail terminals, and other strategic locations
- Full Euro-6, LEZ, and DVS-compliant fleet
- All vehicles fitted with industry-leading technology and telematics systems including GPS tracking to ensure complete transparency
- Dedicated bespoke operations set up to cater for each individual customer's requirements
Loaded and empty container storage
Maritime delivers unbeatable solutions for short, mid, and long-term loaded and empty container storage at its terminals in prime UK locations, eliminating expensive quay charges and ensuring cost efficiency from day one!*
With more than 31,000 TEU of loaded and empty container storage, Maritime is trusted by thousands of UK supply chains to store all types of cargo, from valuable to hazardous.
- Container storage depots at all rail terminals
- Off-dock terminals in Ipswich, Northampton, Southampton, and Liverpool that eliminate on-quay storage charges
- Container management software linked to Maritime’s transport management system providing accurate stock and KPI reports
- Security measures in place at all terminals to ensure safe storage including CCTV systems, lighting towers, fencing, and on-site security personnel
- Protection from disruptive events such as weather and industrial action affecting delivery patterns through advanced
trunking before port closures
- Mid to long-term solutions eliminating demurrage and detention fees
- Stock remains containerised, meaning no disruption to current inbound procedures or supply chains
- Options to utilise Maritime’s rail freight services, significantly reducing carbon emissions
- Store closer to your final destination, de-risking your supply chain
- Cost-efficient from 14 days*
*calculations based on assumed associated costs incurred after free time ends.