Working as part of the IT support team the successful candidate will provide software support and assist in maintaining various
software levels. At times there may also be a need to cover some basic desktop support duties. The
IT team operates from the Felixstowe HQ where this role will be based.
We have a number of 3rd party software packages and are also starting to develop in house.
Roles and Responsibilities
Provide support to users and resolve faults with computer software
Manage own workload through the IT support system
Investigate and diagnose software issues
Report bugs to various third parties
Test Software patches that provide improvements or resolve bugs
Manage the specification of interfaces with customers from development though to testing
Looks for ways to improve, standardize and simplify processes
Document software setups and interfaces
Provide training material or face to face group sessions
At time you may also be called upon to offer some light desktop support but this role is focused mainly on the software and back office functions.
Ideally the candidate would have some knowledge on the following;
Fargo Tops system
We have an excellent system environment
Terminal Services servers across 20 servers, Office 365 E mail and multiple SQL servers
With a Live \ Live Datacentre for 24x7 operation
We have also started to develop in house software
Core software packages are Fargo TOPS, Fargo CYMAN, Cyberaid Teamtrak and Microsoft Navision
• Follows best practices when setting up software environments
• Document and train others in various updates or development
• Always looking to improve security
• Implement and enforce standard procedures
• Good written and verbal communication skills are essential for this role as the job holder will be required to communicate with both external and internal customers at all levels of the organisation via telephone, email and in person.
• An excellent problem solver with good analytical skills
• Able to reason and make fact based decisions
• A polite, calm and good communicator
• Customer and service focused
• Willingness to learn
• Organised and self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, work to deadlines and use own initiative
• Able to identify opportunities to improve and simplify
We all work hard, support and help each other, it can be very busy and fast paced and quite a challenge at times, this role would suit someone with an eye for detail, must be able to prioritise their workload and keep to project timelines.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Maritime, we are a strong business with a secure future who recognize and reward hard work in a very modern office environment.
If you do not hear from us the your application will have been unsuccessful on this occasion.